Monday 19 November 2007

Bulgaria's Abandoned Children

On 18 November I watched, with my 18 yr old daughter a programme on BBC1 called Bulgaria's Abandoned Children.

This programme, directed by Kate Blewett, describes a children's care home in Bulgaria and investigates the conditions in which the children live. It had already been shown on BBBC4 in September and caused an enormous reaction (I hadn't seen it then).

Bulgaria's Abandoned Children lasted for an hour and has been in my mind since. First thing this morning when I woke up I had images of sunken eyed children in my head.

The neglect shown has shocked me to the core. My words won't describe the sadness so here is a link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/features/bulgarias-children.shtml

My worst feeling is of helplessness.

No comments: