Monday 25 May 2009

Absorbed

We are so very very busy at the moment in our businesses, Pink Digital web design has gone mad with everyone needing a new website 'by the end of the month'. We are working on a really exciting web-to-print project which will see a swift turnaround for customised printed cards and posters. Naughty Mutt, our printing business is going strong with a high demand for our PDF design skills - PDF is a great way to produce brochures and marketing materials that can be put online and/or printed on paper. Off to see Sarah Roberts at WiRE tomorrow, if you are a woman in business, take a look at their website which has loads of really useful information.

Painting non-stop to produce Monet inspired canvases to show to the children I am working with at Sundorne Infant school in Shrewsbury. I feel the need to be able to show my work as well as the work of other very much more amazing artists. So I set myself a goal to produce three canvases by the time we start muralling on 2nd June...after starting at 6am every morning to catch the light that I can see colour in, the second small canvas is below and the larger third painting (underneath) is very nearly finished - fingers of fire! (the first canvas is below in my previous post).




The Twitter experiment continues. OK, I admit this now, I am meeting some interesting people and have learned some new skills. I have joined a painting group which is going to put on a touring show Twitter Art Show, exciting! I have re-made some acquaintances. I have learned to moderate my posts, to post pictures and links of interest, not to add every single person who wants to be my friend and most of all to converse in a maximum of 140 characters! I have even been able to pass on my new knowledge to a client or two. Find me at @naughtymutt

Also via Twitter and the Help Save Bees campaign, in my role as Graphic Beesigner I produced a new bee sign. This sign was for Karen Thorne of Hopton House B & B, Hopton Heath near Ludlow, Shropshire. She had been provided with a bee house by the husband of Eleanor who bakes in Shropshire. How else but with a sign would the bees know where to go? Bees can read - fact.

I shall be producing some lovely printed metal bee signs for gardens in A6 size, drilled centrally top and bottom so they can be fixed to a post. If you would like to own one of these to enhance your garden please E-mither me for details.

No comments: